Course Name: Employability Skills for Academic and Career Development
Number of Credits: 3 Credits
Compulsory/Optional: Optional Course
Continuous Assessment: 40%
Final Assessment: 60%
Theory: 45 Hours
Self Learn: 105 Hours
Course Introduction and Objectives
This course is designed to help students identify the knowledge and skills required for obtaining and keeping employment. Course work will emphasize individual skill assessments, interpersonal communication skills, workplace responsibilities, teamwork skills, safety issues, and personal management skills for the workplace.
Intended Learning Outcomes
1. To help students explore their values and career choices through individual skill assessments.
2. To make realistic employment choices and to identify the steps necessary to achieve a goal.
3. To develop and practice self-management skills for the work site.
4. To explore and practice basic communication skills.
5. To learn skills for discussing and resolving problems on the work site.
6. To assess and improve personal grooming.
7. To promote safety awareness including rules and procedures on the work site.
8. Understand and learn health issues associated with computer usage and how to overcome them.
Inner Life Restoration Session from Entre Club, FHSS, USJ The Entre Club of the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences at the University of Sri Jayewardenepura has organized Inner Life Restoration Session with the key objective of providing the psychological …
A leader is one who knows the way, goes the way, and shows the way 💫 – John Maxwell – This is the chance for all the adventurous enthusiasts of the Entre Club, Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences, the …